Hi readers! It’s been a very busy day for me, because I have been trying to pack for my trip to San Francisco! I have never been to the west coast before, and I am thrilled to have the opportunity to go with some of my family. While I am away, I hope you will enjoy my outfit of the day and makeup of the day posts I will write every single day! Be on the lookout for them, I leave on Tuesday! But while I was packing, I began thinking how difficult it has for me to pack in the past. That’s why I want to share some of my tips to you that I’ve learned over the years, to ensure you make the best of your trip!
- Check the weather! This might be obvious for some, but I’ve talked to some friends who don’t even check the weather of their destination before they travel. Just because you picture Florida to be sunny and 85 degrees everyday for a week, doesn’t mean that it isn’t going to rain one day.
- Pack an outfit for freak weather! Even if it isn’t going to rain or be cold one day, you never know how the weather can turn! So I usually pack an outfit that works for rain or a windy day. It’s better to be safe than sorry!
- Don’t wait until last minute! It’s extremely hard not to, but packing last minute is super stressful. If you pack the night before a vacation, that is usually when you forget something at home or you overpack and end up wasting money at the airport because your bag is too heavy. Try packing a little bit everyday, so you don’t have to take a huge chunk out of one day!
- Try on your outfits! Don’t just pack pieces you hope will go together nicely. If you haven’t worn your printed leggings with your new crop top yet, don’t just assume it’ll work. It’s tedious, I know, but wouldn’t you rather have to try to come up with a new outfit at home with all your clothes, rather than when you’re on vacation and only have a tiny suitcase?
- Make lists! And cross off what you pack as you go. It’s so helpful to make a list, especially with people you are traveling with. It helps you so you don’t forget the little things, like sunglasses, shampoo, soap, etc.
- Be reasonable! It’s okay to pack yourself one or two extra outfits, because you never know what can happen, but don’t try fitting your entire wardrobe into a couple of suitcases. When you’re on vacation, you don’t want to spend time trying on ten different outfits to see which one you like best; you’re going to want to be out exploring and having fun!
- Ask for help! I hate making decisions about my outfits over a week in advance, so I don’t know which outfits to bring and which not to. My mom, on the other hand, is great at reasoning and ruling out options, so I will be recruiting help from her tonight!
- When it comes to last minute items, keep them together! Obviously I can’t pack my makeup, contact solution, and my toiletries tonight, I still need to use them until I leave. But if you start to get them ready, for example, keeping them together in the same place or making a list you’ll check before you leave, you won’t be rushing around the morning of your flight freaking out!
Those are some of my tips that I have been trying to follow! Do you have any packing tricks of your own? Or are you going anywhere exciting this summer? Comment below and let me know!